Central Wyoming College
- Website: www.cwc.edu
- Enrollment: Supplemental 10-12
- Medium: Online, Telecourse, Internet-Based
Central Wyoming College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association, the same association that accredits the Wyoming K-12 systems. CWC, along with other Wyoming Community Colleges, has adopted Quality Matters as its method for assessing the quality standards for their distance courses. Therefore, the following are assumed:
- The faculty teaching their classes are qualified; FT faculty oversee the approval of adjunct faculty and the development of course outlines and objectives.
- The courses meet the content standards of the community colleges and the regional university systems. CWC has articulation agreements with some regional universities and UW; UW and the community colleges have a common course numbering system and conduct regular departmental articulation agreements. Moreover, each year UW assesses the success of our transfer students and concludes that Wyoming community college transfers do as well or better than "native" students who start at UW.
- The courses meet national quality standards and do not need to meet the North American Council for Online Learning (NACOL) standards.
Any faculty member teaching at CWC has the assistance of an in-house instructional technologist in developing and enhancing their online course. Specialized training is available for using the learning management system. Professional development in these areas is offered on an ongoing basis and faculty have the ability to call an instructional technologist for specialized assistance.
CWC faculty who teach online are expected to respond to student questions and inquiries within 24 hours. All students are provided a syllabus within the course shell which outlines course expectations and outcomes. Faculty members use a variety of teaching methodologies and activities in order to keep students engaged in the learning process. Student interaction is encouraged not only with the faculty member but also with other students enrolled in the course through group work and online chat rooms.
Method(s) of evaluation
All instructors at CWC are monitored and evaluated on a regular basis. Student evaluations and feedback are used as part of this process. Student feedback is reviewed by the division dean and incorporated into each individual faculty member's performance review.